The topics of interest for this workshop focus on economics and management challenges and strategies to adopt and maintain software product lines. We particularly encourage research papers based on industrial experiences and empirical studies.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Models for cost-benefit analysis
- Economic models applicable to software product line engineering
- Managerial strategies for successful software product line engineering
- Product Line Strategy Definition and scoping
- Application of value-based approaches to software product line engineering.
- Cost-benefits tradeoffs in technical aspects (e.g., architecture definition)
- Management, organizational, and business strategies for adopting software product lines
- Mechanics of calculating ROI for software product line engineering
- Risks and economic benefits of using OSS in SPLs
- Cost and effort estimation models for developing core and product specific artifacts
- Opportunities and Challenges in using Agile approach for software product lines